Environmental remediation contracting services operate in a wide variety of capacities. One of the fastest growing areas of environmental contracting is in the consulting field. Environmental consultants are basically regulators that monitor, assist, and ensure that various companies/groups/people are adhering to certain guidelines/laws when it comes to things like groundwater pollution and dewatering systems.
Approximately 70% of industrial waste is dumped into the water bodies where it pollutes the usable water supply. Domestic sewage, or pollution like garbage that gets tossed on the ground, is a major problem too. In fact, 80% of all water pollution in the country comes in this form.
Fortunately, as more and more people have woken up to the many pressing environmental concerns the world is facing, policy makers have begun taking stronger stands as well. Here are three areas in which environmental contracting consultants are used to help make the world a cleaner, better place.
- Contaminated Land: This is probably the most commonly thought of and prevalent form of environmental consulting. When land becomes contaminated for whatever reason, it could eventually fall onto a government list. Once this happens there will generally be someone found to be held responsible such as a industrial company dumping waste. It could also be found in an area that’s populated by residences, in which case sometimes drastic relocation measures need to be taken.
- Green Claims: When the notion of “going green” first came about, there was really no way to check companies to ensure what they were saying was truthful. That is no longer the case as one of environmental contracting consultants primary tasks today is to substantiate green claims to find out and hold businesses responsible for “eco-friendly” type labels.
- Compliance: Similar to contaminated lands, as they can fall into this category, these consultants are also the people that monitor companies that may have been found to be partaking in pollution or contamination of some kind. In the same way that they test green claims by companies, they also make sure that all rules and regulations are being followed in accordance to local, state, and federal laws.
Approximately 16,000 chemical spills occur from trucks, trains, and storage tanks, often when materials are being transferred, each year. Even if it’s an accident environmental consultants will likely be on the scene to ensure that proper processes are being followed to efficiently and effectively clean up the mess.
Latest posts by Sarah Todd (see all)
- Glass Door Business Signs for Your Growing Company - January 16, 2018
- Five Reasons to Offer LTL Shipping Services - January 12, 2018
- Four Tips for Reducing the Risk of your Furnace Electrodes - January 10, 2018