Plastics have come a long way. Once looked down on as being bad for the environment, new flexible packaging can carry more with less. A plastic, gallon container for milk weighs about 30% less now than it did just two decades ago. To move 10 gallons of liquid, you need only 1.5 pounds of plastic. Newer resealable packaging for food keeps its contents free from contaminants and keeps it fresh to make sure less waste ends up in landfills. Every one pound of plastic packaging keeps 1.7 pounds of food waste out of landfills. By using customized packaging design, you can help protect the environment and build brand awareness for your company.
What’s New in Customized Packaging Design?
Everyone out there is trying to make their products stand out. Many marketing departments use customized packaging design to do just that. Here are some of the ways brands are working to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- Make it really functional. The first goal of any product packaging is to make sure the item reaches the store sehlves in the same condition it left the warehouse. That does not mean this is the only goal it should fulfill. Some new packaging can be converted into other useable products in their own right. Wine boxes can be folded to make attractive wine racks. Food packaging can be reshaped into bowls and plates. This gives your product an edge over that of your competitors.
- Different flavors and options get different colors. Brands that sell different versions of the same product vary the color schemes used in their packaging. So, if your product has more than one kind. If you sell different kinds of juice, the idea is to swap out the colors for ones that reflect the kind of product that is being sold. This way, customers can readily see the different options but the brand messaging remains consistent.
- Handwritten labeling is all over the place. New customized packaging design uses handeritten logos and text to appear more authentic. It has also been shown to help companies relate to their target audience. People seem to respond well to the homespun look of labels that look like they were made by a smaller company or at home. For some brands these whimsical looking labels are a great way to help promote the brand and give it a more personal touch. This does not work for every kind of product.
- Streamlined product packaing is very much in. No where does the phrase, “less is more” mean more than in cutomized packaging design. As consumers become more environmentally aware, they are looking for prdocts and brands that use as little packaging materials as possible. Shoppers do not want to buy products that are wrapped in multiple layers of packaging or are surrounded by a ton of space. The smaller and more compact the packaging can be made, without sacrificing the product itself, the better.
- Tell your customers what your stuff is made of. Customers are no longer interested just in what is in the product they are buying but what maks up the packaging as well. Is it made of pre or post consumer recycled products? Can it be recycled? More and more custom product packaging design companies are providing their customers with a lot of infomation about the packaging itself. Consumers want to know their plastic pouches can be recycled along with the rest of their recycling.
- Glass Door Business Signs for Your Growing Company - January 16, 2018
- Five Reasons to Offer LTL Shipping Services - January 12, 2018
- Four Tips for Reducing the Risk of your Furnace Electrodes - January 10, 2018
As more options for plastic packaging design are developed and modified, companies are given a wider and wider array of ways to use creativity and innovation to make their products stand out and be noticed. Because there are so many options, companies can have a lot of fun with customized packaging design while making their product more attractive to shoppers. Some packaing just makes using the product easier. People on the go may prefer stand-up pouches than can be resealed. The packaging should be tailored to the product and the target audience. This is becoming more and more possible to do.