The nation is in the midst of making plans to repair bridges, roads, interstates, and highways as the federal and government officials seek to repair a failing infrastructure. During the process of these repairs and rebuilding projects, civil construction contractors and heavy haul companies stand to make a serious profit.
Civil construction companies and civil construction contractors are set to be very profitable and very busy in the coming decades as both civil engineers and commercial developers work to create a a more stable infrastructure that can handle today’s consumers, travelers, and businesses. Consider some of these statistics about the current state of the construction industry in America:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) defines an excavation as a man-made trench, cavity, or depression in the surface of the earth. In even more detail, a trench is defined as a narrow excavation that is deeper than it is wide, but no wider than 15 feet.
- New road construction projects can be annoying. For this reason, work on roads in large cities often take place at night when a smaller amount of traffic is interrupted.
- The U.S. is the one of the largest construction markets in the world, with expenditures reaching over $1,162 billion.
- Having safe bridges, schools, and city buildings should be a priority of every American. To achieve this, however, civil construction contractors need to work their city licensing committees and other government officials to make sure that projects come in before deadline and under budget.
- Estimates indicate that commercial demolition often costs less than 2% of the replacement cost of the building.
- Road construction is a part of nearly every person’s life. When, for instance, did your family last take a road trip of driving vacation that was not impacted by construction projects along the route?
- Often recycling more than 90% of a building, demolition professionals today have strategic plans for projects of all sizes.
- Approximately $1.731 trillion revenue is brought in a year by the U.S. construction industry.
- Digging footings for a small building to moving millions of cubic yards of earth, excavation projects have a very wide scope.
- As many as 7.8 million production workers in the U.S. make up the construction industry.
- Getting bids, requesting permits, and renting road construction signs and markers are all a part of road construction projects.
- According to ConstructConnect?s forecast, total residential construction spending is predicted to grow 7.4% by the end of the year 2017, and the total nonresidential construction is forecast to increase 5.5%.
- In the most recent years, construction site erosion control has become a major topic of concern. State and local governments, as a result have statutes requiring erosion control for construction projects.
- Named as stream channel, damage to water, and damage to property, these are the three major effects of erosion.
Latest posts by Sarah Todd (see all)
- Four Benefits of Compensation Management Systems - February 21, 2018
- Over $11 Billion Is Lost To Employee Turnover Every Year How Your Business Can Encourage Retention - February 19, 2018
- What To Buy Your Husband For Your Fifteenth Anniversary - February 17, 2018