If you have a parking lot in front of your business, you need to keep it looking great. This is because it is the first thing people see when they arrive at your business. If the parking lot looks sketchy, it will turn a lot of people off. Only the most die hard of your supporters will brave a scary looking parking lot. There are things you can do to keep your parking lot looking great. You can hire parking lot sweeping services companies to get rid of any debris and take this and other steps to protect the asphalt.
- Keep your asphalt in the best condition. Hiring a parking lot sweeping services company to clean your parking lot is a great way to keep your asphalt in the best shape you can. When you have glass, lose pieces of asphalt, or any size of rock and any debris such as garbage or whatever, it will, over time, grind and wear down your asphalt that is your parking lot. Parking lot cleaners can get rid of all of this to prevent the damage. Your parking lot also does not loot as inviting when it is covered with rocks and glass and random debris. Using a parking lot cleaning service can help the look of your business.
- Watch the snow plow. If you have your business in an area that sees a lot of snow in the winter, you will have to have your parking lot plowed. When the plow comes through and gets rid of the snow, it can damage the asphalt. Plowing can also break up the asphalt and leave your parking lot covered in asphalt fragments, which can damage the parking lot further. Having the lot cleaned by a parking lot sweeping services company after it has been plowed (and the snow has melted) is always a good plan.
- Deal with cracks and potholes. When you see any cracks or potholes, you should have them fixed as soon as you can. If you leave them without doing anything, they will grow and become bigger problems that will be a lot more expensive to fill in and repair. If left long enough, they will do an enormous amount of damage to your parking lot. As your asphalt gets older, it will start to oxidize and shrink at the surface. These processes cause small cracks to form in the pavement. These cracks permit water to get in. Water expands when it freezes. Water in the cracks on your parking lot will expand to increase the size of the cracks. The same can be said for potholes. The longer potholes and cracks are left on their own, the larger they will grow. One great way to prevent this is to fill all that you find with a rubberized pothole and crack sealer. It is in your best interest to check your parking lot on a regular basis to keep it in the best shape. Customers will be turned off by potholes and cracks in the pavement in your parking lot.
- Seal your pavement. To prevent cracks and potholes, use a sealant on your pavement. If you treat your entire parking lot with a sealant, you can save yourself up to 50% on the maintenance costs for the lot. Some people look only at the price tag for each treatment and it is cheaper to patch one area than to do the entire lot but in the long run, doing the entire lot will save a lot of money, time and energy. If you plan to be at one location for a decent amount of time, you should consider doing the entire surface.
- Deal with your stormwater runoff responsibly. There are a lot of environmental contaminants that can get into local waterways from the runoff from your parking lot. Using a parking lot cleaning services company often is one way to prevent this and is recommended by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Using a parking lot sweeping services company will reduce the amount of chemicals and other debris from getting into the area’s water.
With some work and effort, you can keep your parking lot looking great.
Latest posts by Sarah Todd (see all)
- Glass Door Business Signs for Your Growing Company - January 16, 2018
- Five Reasons to Offer LTL Shipping Services - January 12, 2018
- Four Tips for Reducing the Risk of your Furnace Electrodes - January 10, 2018